Enduro mountain biking, coffee tasting, sightseeing.
This is CBJ’s newest product. A mix of an adrenaline rush, amazing landscapes and cultural exposure at the doorsteps of one of the busiest cities in South America.
- Get to ride a high-end dual suspension bike adjusted to your own conditions! You will feel comfortable and more important, safe during the whole tour.
- Mountain biking tour and coffee circuit, a mix that only Colombian Bike Junkies could create!
- A very fun and mixed route where you will have the chance to experience all types of mountain biking modalities, downhill, cross-country, endure!
- We have chosen a beautiful and fun route that suites for amateur and experienced bikers, you can make it as easy or challenging as you prefer!
- Witness the best viewpoint of Bogotá from its surrounding mountains
We will meet in front of Botero Museum located in La Candelaria district at 8:00 am where we will get ready to start our mountain bike adventure! We will head east, crossing the eastern mountains of Bogota, we will drive through a misty road that is just preparing it best view as a surprise for our way back; the best view of Bogotá await us for the end part of the tour.
- The first km we will drive up to the Páramo of Matarredonda, a good example of páramo ecosystem that you should definitely see if you are traveling in Colombia, where we have 60% of the paramos of the world. At that point we will be at 3400m (9000ft), the highest part of the drive, to start descending to Choachí, which is at 1800m (5900ft).
- 16kms before arriving at Choachí, we will get on our bikes, wear our safety gear on and start the de descent to the town, 16km of a very fun descent with a spectacular view accompanying us all the way down! Be ready to get wet and muddy! The best part of mountain biking in Colombia!
- 1km before we arrive at the town, a steep but very short uphill await us to prove our legs, 100 meters of hard pedaling to arrive at our hydration point at the top! After we recover our breath and we are fully recovered, we will get back in action and keep riding a little bit to finally arrive at Choachí and have a short view of the town; here we will detour to start the second part of our ride!
- We hope you are ready to have even more fun! And muddier! Because we will take some splendid single trails, leading us to the village of La Unión. We will cross narrow paths of lush green forests while descending into a much tropical and warm environment.
- Once we reach and pass the hanging bridge of La Union, we will advance to “Finca Bella Vista” a self-sustained, coffee organic cropping hacienda, the first farm of the region that started growing coffee in an organized way. Here we will whiteness the entire Coffee process of this very well-known Colombian drink: from its seeds, the toasting process, to the freshly brewed cup we will enjoy together in our coffee tasting experience.
Feeling tired? Well, a nice a refreshing pool awaits you to finish a beautiful, fun and interesting tour! Where you can relax for awhile before we head back to Bogotá and drop you off at the same place you were picked up.
- Transportation from and to our meeting point
- Professional English speaking guides
- Support vehicle
- Trek and Kona dual suspension bikes, and full protective equipment (helmet, gloves, kneepads, elbow pads)
- Hearty lunch, snacks, and drinks.
- Coffe tour
- Coffee tasting experience
- Health insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
This itinerary is subject to change without notice due to seasonal changes and inclement weather conditions.
Travel Time: Approx. 1 hours each way (depending on traffic)
Activity Duration: 6 hours (biking + coffee tour)
Season: Year Round
Altitude: 3000m – 9842ft. / 650m – 2132ft. above sea level.
Weather: tour starting at 8°C- 46ºF / tour ends at 21°C- 70°F.
What to Bring: A cap, running shoes (sandals are NOT an option), sunglasses, layered clothing, sunblock and insect repellent. A change of clothes is highly recommend after the tour, the trails are normally very muddy.